Tuesday, April 1, 2014

, , ,

Simple ABC Soup [Rice Cooker recipe]

*drumrolls* MY FIRST SOUP MEAL DONE RIGHT IN MY LITTLE RICE COOKER ♥

Okay, I am so excited about this post because I finally figured out how to make soup using my rice cooker. God only knows, how MUCH I heart soup. Lotus soup, arrow root soup, herbal soup, seaweed soup, onion soup, miso soup, egg drop soup, ABC soup, any soup! You name it. I am a huge fan of you, soup. ☺

ABC soup with corn ♥♥♥

Ingredients:
1 medium sized corn
1 medium sized carrot
1 large potato
1 large onion
3 medium sized tomatoes
1 cube of chicken stock
1 bottle of Brands Essence of Chicken
1 liter of water
Pepper 
Click "read more" to read on!


STEP 1: PREPARE ALL THE INGREDIENTS

These are all the raw vegetables that I chose to put in my soup.

Pepper, chicken stock and salt. I didn't add any salt in the end.

Just clean, peel and chop up everything into random smaller pieces.
This is the good thing about soup, you don't really have to care about the
appearance of the vegetables in it. HAHA! Just make sure it is small enough
to soften easily during the boiling process.

and this is the essence of chicken that I listed in the ingredients. I had an
extra bottle sitting around and I thought this would probably make the soup
taste better anyway. It's from the chicken, heeee!

STEP 2: BOIL THE SOUP

Add 1 liter of water into the rice pot. Press 'cook' to start boiling.

Add in 1 cube of chicken stock and make sure it dissolves well.

Once the chicken stock had totally dissolved, throw in all the cut up
vegetables in the rice pot.

Close the lid of the rice pot and leave it alone until it boils.
(The pot cover will start popping up)

Once it boils, open up the pot cover like this so that the soup will not
overflow and mess up the counter. Continue to let it boil for another 10-15
minutes.

At the end, pour in the Brands Essence of Chicken and mix the soup properly.
Sprinkle some pepper in it too, to spice it up abit!
It is ready to serve! :D I swear to God, it was super super super tasty.

See, it's really easy right? Only need to cut up the vegetables and the rest is just the rice cooker doing the work. Since I added one corn in it, the soup turned out to be really sweet and yummy. FYI, I drank all the soup and ate all the vegetables in it all by myself, hahahah. Well, it was my dinner anyway and I even had some leftover for supper. WOOHOO! ☺

Do leave a comment if you liked this simple recipe! It's super easy!
Happy cookin' ☺

Share:

1 comment:

  1. this is fantastic! I am living in a student hostel and really love cooking with rice cooker, I'm very happy to have had stumbled across this recipe

    ReplyDelete